Privacy is a fundamental right. That is why Hydrosphere considers it very important to protect the personal data you submit to us. We handle and protect your personal data with the greatest possible care. Here we explain how we manage your personal data, why we request it and what we use it for.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The parties responsible for processing your personal data are the Hydrosphere legal entities listed below.
When do we collect your personal data?
- Direct Collection: You may be asked to provide or submit your personal information to Hydrosphere when you contact Hydrosphere to discuss our products or services, place an order for our products and services, register to create a Hydrosphere account, subscribe for Hydrosphere services including our newsletter, fill out a form, submit an enquiry, or when you are otherwise in contact with Hydrosphere, or its representatives. In these circumstances, you can choose whether to provide or submit your personal information, but then we might not be able to fully respond to you.
- Location-Based Services: Hydrosphere may provide location-based services, including marketing specific to your location. To do so, Hydrosphere may collect and use information regarding the geographic location of your computer or mobile device. If the location data contains your personal information, then Hydrosphere will treat the location data as personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You may configure your computer or mobile device to either transmit or not transmit location data to Hydrosphere.
What personal data do we collect?
Hydrosphere can collect and process personal data such as your name, address, email address and phone number / numbers. We may also document your views, ideas and concerns in order that they will help our future design, development, construction and/or operation of our Aids to Navigation and associated equipment.
How do we use your personal data?
Hydrosphere uses your personal information:
- To provide you with Hydrosphere products and services that you have registered or purchased to receive, to facilitate the purchase process, to process your inquiries and requests, and to otherwise administer Hydrosphere’s relationship with you including informing you about our new products and services, to create and manage your Hydrosphere account and if necessary, to facilitate the return of products for servicing or repairs.
- For those purposes required or permitted by law.
- Hydrosphere may combine your personal information collected through various sources; including information collected from your purchases or through Hydrosphere’s website, and develop a customer profile for you which will be used for the purposes above.
- If you have given your consent for Hydrosphere to use your personal information for marketing purposes, we may also use your personal information to send you information regarding Hydrosphere’s marketing messages and updates that may be of interest to you.
- Hydrosphere may use personal information to create non-personal information which may then be used, disclosed, transferred and retained for other purposes such as analysing statistics, quality assurance and to help us plan our business activities. Hydrosphere may use, disclose, transfer and retain non-personal information for any purpose and in any manner whatsoever.
What rights do you have with respect to your personal data?
- You have the right to access your personal data. You can therefore request information from us about which personal data we process and for what purpose.
- You additionally have the right to correct your personal data if it has been processed incorrectly or incompletely.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to request erasure of your personal data to the extent that this data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
If you wish to make use of any of the above-mentioned rights, please send a letter to Hydrosphere’s Data Protection Officer to the email address below. When doing so, please submit also a copy of a valid ID (driving licence, passport or ID card). This is requested by Hydrosphere as we need to be sure that you are the person to whom the personal data concerned applies. This is also intended to avoid removal of the wrong personal data.
Hydrosphere will respond within one month after receipt of your request.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Within Hydrosphere, personal data can be processed by employees who need access to personal data to perform their tasks, such as the sales and engineering departments. In our activities we may also ask external parties to assist us in creating and managing our marketing collateral.
How long do we store your personal data?
Hydrosphere retains your personal information for the period reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or a longer period required or permitted by applicable law. Hydrosphere will delete or dispose of your personal information when Hydrosphere is no longer reasonably required to keep the information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
How safe is your data at Hydrosphere?
Hydrosphere takes suitable technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data against loss and against any form of unlawful processing. We store your personal data on servers in a secure environment that provide protection against unlawful access, publication and use of the data by unauthorised persons inside or outside of Hydrosphere.
Do you have questions about privacy within Hydrosphere, or do you have a complaint?
Hydrosphere has appointed a Data Protection Officer who advises the organisation and supervises compliance with privacy legislation and regulations within Hydrosphere.
If you have questions about this privacy statement or about how Hydrosphere handles your personal data, please contact Hydrosphere’s Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also submit a complaint to the Data Protection Officer with regard to how Hydrosphere processes your personal data. A complaint can also be submitted to the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, for example if you feel that your complaint has not been handled properly by Hydrosphere.
Legal entities responsible for processing personal data are:
Hydrosphere UK Ltd, The Old Grain Store, West End Farm, Upper Froyle, Hampshire GU34 4JR
Hydrosphere Rentals Ltd, The Old Grain Store, West End Farm, Upper Froyle, Hampshire GU34 4JR
Hydrosphere Navaids Ltd, The Old Grain Store, West End Farm, Upper Froyle, Hampshire GU34 4JR
Hydrosphere Ltd, The Old Grain Store, West End Farm, Upper Froyle, Hampshire GU34 4JR