Electrical Project Engineer
Take control of your career and become an expert as an Electrical Project Engineer / Electrical Project Manager – managing engineering projects from design to installation on our niche range of equipment for the Marine sector. This is a hands-on Electrical Engineering role based near Alton, Hampshire. Make an impact! Make a difference!
BASIC SALARY: Up to £45,000
- Good holiday allowance including Xmas shutdown and your birthday off rising with service
- Access to full benefits package including company pension scheme
LOCATION: Alton, Hampshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Upper Froyle, Aldershot, Farnham, Liphook, Winchester, Basingstoke, Guildford, Petersfield, Newbury, Camberley, Portsmouth, Southampton, Reading
WHY SHOULD I APPLY? Electrical Project Engineer, Project Manager : Marine, Oil & Gas, Electrical Fitting
- Perhaps you’re a cog in a machine doing bits of a project and passing it on to other departments? With us, you’ll take full project responsibility from cradle to grave. This is your work and you’ll manage it through from conception to install and commissioning
- Tired of ‘staying in your lane?’ With us, you’ll get involved with Electrical Product Design, Project Management, Buying, Software, Electrical Fitting etc. Spread your wings and fulfil your potential.
- Are you looking for an initial step into management? Or the continuation of your management career? Help to develop a team of two junior members of our engineering team.
- You’ll be working alongside an experienced expert in our sector as they wind down to retirement. Learn from the best and become an specialist in our niche engineering industry
JOB DESCRIPTION: Electrical Project Engineer, Project Manager : Marine, Oil & Gas, Electrical Fitting
- You will be handed project management / project engineering responsibility and run those projects through to installation and commissioning. Typically working on 1-2 large projects per year with several sub projects (repair / maintenance / upgrades etc.) of our electro mechanical equipment for the marine sector.
- This is a hands-on, workshop based role with occasional client visits to support service / maintenance or installation.
- Managing a team of two (Stores / Assembly person & Engineering Technician)
- We have a very strong “small business” work ethic – you will have to wear lots of hats and be involved in all areas of the business. This permeates across the whole company from the Managing Director down.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Electrical Project Engineer, Project Manager : Marine, Oil & Gas, Electrical Fitting
- You will be an experienced multiskilled (electrically biased) Engineer with experience of running projects / liaising with customers and suppliers.
- You will also have some exposure to electrical design and can read technical drawings.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas / Marine sector would be an advantage, but any industrial engineering experience would suffice.
- You are well organised and credible. Confident working with clients / buyers / contractor teams and managing projects to an agreed budget and time scale.
- You will also be happy managing a small team. Management experience is not essential, but if you have at least mentored before, it would be an advantage.
- This is a HANDS-ON role. You can’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
Approaching 30 years in business, we are expert manufacturers and distributors of a niche product to the Marine / Oil and Gas sectors. Profitable and successful – we are expanding our engineering team as we come out of a global recession.
For the right person, there will be an opportunity to progress through “off-shore certification” to expand access to a wider variety of client sites.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Engineer, Project Manager, Project Management, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Project, Multiskilled Engineer, Electro Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Fitter – Oil & Gas, Marine, Naval, Electrical Product Design, Buying, Contract Management.